- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:56
- Written by John Mahoney, Mahoney Lawyers
- Article Read: 579
A number of articles in a variety of publications have covered the recent decision of the Victorian Court of Appeal involving the use of class 2 buildings for short term accommodation. Most of the articles, including those written by me, have been relatively brief, focussing on the points that are critical to our industry.
- Published on Tuesday, 28 January 2014 08:12
- Written by -
- Article Read: 500
The Queensland government, having conducted a major review of the PAMDA legislation has now introduced a bill (Property Occupations Bill 2013) that will replace the provisions of PAMDA that regulate agents dealing with real estate.
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 08:37
- Written by John Mahoney and Ben Seccombe, John Mahoney Lawyers
- Article Read: 682
It would be an understatement to say that management rights has been one of the most successful businesses in Australia over the past 2 or 3 decades.
- Published on Monday, 30 September 2013 08:10
- Written by John Punch, Short Punch & Greatorix
- Article Read: 1000
It is good to see that recently ARAMA has concentrated on reinvigorating the management rights arrangements for all existing managers who are members by holding workshops to cover particularly the onsite manager's letting agency.
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:17
- Written by John Mahoney and Ben Seccombe, Mahoney Lawyers
- Article Read: 1834
In a resounding victory for our client a resident manager of a large Surfers Paradise highrise building, the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal: