- Published on Monday, 30 September 2013 08:10
- Written by John Punch, Short Punch & Greatorix
- Article Read: 810
It is good to see that recently ARAMA has concentrated on reinvigorating the management rights arrangements for all existing managers who are members by holding workshops to cover particularly the onsite manager's letting agency.
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:17
- Written by John Mahoney and Ben Seccombe, Mahoney Lawyers
- Article Read: 1674
In a resounding victory for our client a resident manager of a large Surfers Paradise highrise building, the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal:
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 11:03
- Written by John Mahoney, Mahoney Lawyers
- Article Read: 949
Most readers of this article will have read reports of the recent decision of the Supreme Court of Victoria regarding the ability to use class 2 buildings (like most holiday and short term apartment buildings in Brisbane and the east coast of Australia) for short term and holiday accommodation.
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 10:25
- Written by Tony O’Connor, Short Punch & Greatorix
- Article Read: 1878
On the 2 April this year the Court of Appeal in Queensland delivered a judgment against the operators of serviced apartments in Brisbane, which should cause managers to reflect upon processes and systems connected with the routine maintenance and cleaning of apartments.
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 09:15
- Written by John Mahoney , Mahoney Lawyers
- Article Read: 1110
In the last couple of years we have seen a fairly significant increase in the number of resident managers having difficulties in their businesses.